How to Set Up Infusionsoft ‘Buy’ Links on Your Website
Want to sell a product on your website without using the default Infusionsoft storefront? Well, you can by making just a few small adjustments to your site’s code. Some business owners assume it’s too technical or difficult, but setting up Infusionsoft buy links is actually easier than it sounds. So for a complete step-by-step walkthrough on how to add them to your website, keep reading.
Infusionsoft Product Links:
First and foremost, you’ll need to grab the Infusionsoft links for the product you wish to link to on your website. This method only works for products that have already been added to your account. If you want to sell a product on your website and have it automatically reflected in Infusionsoft, you should go ahead and add it to your account. Once added to your Infusionsoft, you can grab the unique link code for it, adding it to your website.
- Now back to business: to pull your Infusionsoft product links, log into your account and choose E-Commerce > Products > and click on the name of the product that you wish to link to on your website.
- Next, click the “Links” tab to see the buy link for the respective product. As noted on Infusionsoft’s help page, product links should look something like: https://yourapp.infusionsoft.com/app/manageCart/addProduct?productId=119&subscriptionPlanId=33.
- Within this link you’ll notice a “productID,” which is the unique number attached to the product, along with a “SubscriptionPlanID,” which appears only when a product is billed to the customer on a recurring basis (e.g. monthly, quarterly or yearly).
- In the Links section, you’ll also notice that there are two separate product links: one for a single-time purchase, and another for a subscription purchase. Choose the version that you want visitors to use on your website.
- Before you copy and paste the product link into your website, click it to see how it looks in the shopping cart. Assuming all goes well and the product shows up in the shopping cart as intended, click Copy to automatically save the link to your clipboard.
- You won’t see any confirmation telling you that the link has been saved to your clipboard, but rest assured that it’s there. You can verify it’s saved, however, by clicking Ctrl+V on a new text document, at which point the link code should paste into the document (don’t worry, it’s still saved to your clipboard, as well).
- Last but not least, paste the product link code into your website. This can be done in one of two different ways: using a text link, such as <a href=”https://yourapp.infusionsoft.com/app/manageCart/addProduct?productId=119&subscriptionPlanId=33″>Add to Cart</a>, or by adding the link to an image, such as <a href=”https://yourapp.infusionsoft.com/app/manageCart/addProduct?productId=119&subscriptionPlanId=33″><img src=”https://yourwebsite.com/image.jpg”></a>.
Should you link to your products using text or an image? It’s really up to you, but most e-commerce sites choose the latter. A big, bold red-colored “BUY NOW” button, for instance, tends to work well across all verticals.
Did this tutorial work for you? Let us know in the comments section below!
Image attribution: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sunchild123/
How to Set Up Infusionsoft 'Buy' Links on Your Website
If you want to sell products on your website without using Infusionsoft's storefront, it's easier than you think! Follow these steps.