Tracking Infusionsoft email opens and applying a tag
1. Create automation link.
2. Name the automation link something like Open Email – 463 (ID of email template or name of email template.)
3. Save automation link w/o configuring a thank you page (they won’t see it… they are not actually clicking on the automation link)
4. Configure the automation link to apply a tag to indicate that the email was opened.
5. Get ID number of Automation link. * This can be found by by hovering over the edit link when viewing your list of automation links… It will appear in a prompt at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
6. Insert HTML Snippet into email, probably in footer: